Some people think HB 6666 is a joke, that they won’t enter your home, haul you out, or remove your children. This is from Washington state, where the Corona outbreak started and is the example other states will eventually follow.
If it isn’t true, then why are they writing policy and paperwork forms for it?
Local Health Officer Order for Involuntary Isolation or Quarantine – WAC 246-100-040(3)
Likely to be used when: Not as confident the individual will comply with a Voluntary Request for Voluntary Isolation or Quarantine; when the Local Health Officer believes the formality of the order with police enforcement and fine will better ensure compliance, or there is no time or ability to secure a Court Order (i.e., person ready to leave jurisdiction, need to impose quarantine on a weekend or at night and no prearrangements were made to locate a judge in an emergency).
STATE OF WASHINGTON
________________ COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
______(use identifiers per Confidential Schedule),
Respondent(s). NO. __________________
DECLARATION IN SUPPORT OF PETITION FOR EX PARTE ORDER AUTHORIZING INVOLUNTARY DETENTION FOR QUARANTINE OR ISOLATION WHEN VOLUNTARY QUARANTINE OR ISOLATION REFUSED
1. I am the Local Health Officer for ______________ .
2. I am authorized by chapter 70.05 RCW to take action necessary to protect the public health, safety and welfare .
3. Under RCW 70.05.070, RCW 43.20.050(2)(d), and WAC 246-100-040(4), I am authorized to ask the court to issue an ex parte order for involuntary detention of individuals who should be isolated or quarantined to protect the public health, safety and welfare.
4. I am asking this court to issue an order involuntarily detaining the individuals named on the attached Confidential Schedule because they pose a threat to the public health, safety and welfare for the following reasons:
5. Respondent(s) has/have been diagnosed with, or is/are suspected to have been exposed to, infected with, or contaminated by, ____________ because
6. On ____________, I asked respondent(s) to comply with voluntary isolation or quarantine to protect the public health, safety and welfare. I took the following measures to obtain voluntary compliance:
7. Respondent(s) has/have refused/not complied with the request for voluntary isolation or quarantine as evidenced by the following:
8. To protect the public, respondent(s) should be detained in isolation or quarantine for a period of ________ days (not to exceed ten days), unless medical tests or other information conclusively establishes that he/she /they no longer present a threat to the public health, safety and welfare.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Washington that the foregoing is true and correct.
DATED this _____ day of _____________, 200__ at ___________________.
___________ Health Officer